Planning for the upcoming SuperStrategies and AuditWorld 2017 conferences is in full swing with the opening of the Call for Speakers period and announcement of the dates and venue.
SuperStrategies and AuditWorld 2017 will take place November 14-16, 2017 at Planet Hollywood Las Vegas Resort & Casino. The events will be held together under one roof, offering sessions, workshops, and summits on a range of topics for internal auditors of all levels.
MISTI's SuperStrategies conference is the world-renowned conference for chief audit executives and senior internal audit leaders to share and learn successful strategies that position internal audit to enable positive change within the organization.
The call for speakers opened on January 16 and will close on February 28. MISTI is looking for internal audit thought leaders, expert practitioners, and experienced speakers to present on the 2017 program.
The 2017 SuperStrategies tracks will seek to highlight new and innovative ways to identify emerging risks and create an audit plan, recruit and retain both traditional and non-traditional internal auditors, and other roles and responsibilities internal audit can adopt to be an agent of change in 2018 and beyond. Specific topics we are seeking proposals on include, but are not limited to:
• Identifying and reporting on strategic, emerging, and international risks
• Case studies of a best-in-class relationship between internal audit and the audit committee
• Examples of the expanding scope of responsibilities of the chief audit executive
• Highlighting the different types of products and services internal audit can provide
• Third-party risk management: internal audit's role and how to audit the program
• Case studies highlighting internal audit as a change agent
• A view of the "day-in-the-life" of a Fortune 100 chief audit executive
• Leveraging data analytics to improve risk management
• How to perform a governance, risk, and control (GRC) project
• Examples of auditing strategic risks
AuditWorld is a three-day conference to provide solutions to the challenges internal audit managers, seniors, and staff are facing. The 2017 AuditWorld program will seek to share "how-to" instruction on new and non-routine internal audit, effective ways to carry out internal audit planning, fieldwork and reporting, and to provide instruction on incorporating new technologies to improve the efficiency of the internal audit process. Specific topics we are seeking proposals on include, but are not limited to:
• "How to audit" sessions for any process. Specific interest is sought for: sales, digital marketing, engineering, innovations, organizational culture and ethics, business continuity, workforce planning, talent management and leadership development, joint ventures and partnerships, international distributors, anti-corruption, software development life-cycle, physical security, IT Governance and information security
• Unique ways to maximize internal audit resources
• Case studies on internal audit planning or internal audit reporting best practices
• How to manage, motivate and coach internal audit seniors and staff
• Best practices when interviewing internal auditors
• Successful strategies to carry out integrated internal audits
To submit your speaking proposal, fill out our online submission form by February 28, 2017. All accepted speakers will receive complimentary conference admission plus one free main conference pass for a colleague.
As you put together your submission, please keep in mind that SuperStrategies and Audit World attendees expect real-world solutions to real-world problems. No proposal from a vendor organization related to its product(s) will be considered.
To submit your session proposal, click here. If you have any questions during the CFP process, please feel free to reach out to me directly.
We hope to see you in Las Vegas next November!