InfoSec World Conference & Expo 2014
CALL FOR PAPERS IS NOW OPEN!
April 7-9, 2014
Expo Dates: April 7&8
Disney's Contemporary Resort
Deadline: Friday, July 12, 2013
MIS Training Institute is excited to announce that the InfoSec World 2014 Call for Papers is now open!
We are putting together a dynamic program that will cover the most relevant issues security professionals are facing, and we're looking for experienced speakers to present on a variety of topics (listed below). Speaking at InfoSec World is an incredible opportunity to showcase your knowledge in the information security space, align yourself with other industry luminaries, and network with over 1,200 attendees plus sponsoring companies within the security community.
The CFP is open through Friday, July 12, 2013. We receive a large volume of submissions, so the InfoSec World Advisory Board will begin reviewing all proposals immediately and are unable to accept late submissions. Anyone who submits a completed proposal will receive a response by Monday, August 5. We provide all accepted speakers with complimentary conference admission, along with two colleague passes to the main conference. If we are unable to accept you submission this year, the primary speaker listed on the submission will receive a special discount code, as we hope that you will still join us for the conference!
As you put together your submission, please keep in mind that our audience looks for real-world solutions to real-world problems. No proposal from a vendor organization related to its product/s will be considered.
Accepted session titles and abstracts will be used for printed materials and on the InfoSec World website, so it is best to develop these with the attendee in mind and think of what would get them interested and excited to attend your session.
The MIS Team hopes to see you in Orlando as a speaker or an attendee! If you have any questions during the CFP process, please contact:
Director, Conference Division at MIS Training Institute
How to Submit:
Please copy and paste the below italicized text into the body of an email, text file or PDF, complete, and send your submission to
Friday, July 12, 2013. We welcome multiple session submissions, but please submit each one separately, so nothing gets lost in the shuffle!
*Your subject line should be: Your first and last name and the session's subject area from the list below (e.g. Bob Smith Targeted Defense).
Primary speaker information (name, title, company):
2. Primary speaker contact information (mailing address, phone and email):
3. Additional speaker or co-presenter information (name, title, company):
4. Additional speaker or co-presenter contact information (mailing address, phone and email):
5. Please indicate if you are a past InfoSec World speaker, year you spoke and name of session/s:
6. Biography, including past speaking experience:
7. Social media names/links where you are active (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.):
8. Title of proposed session and abstract (paragraph description with 5-8 bullets stating the takeaways for attendees):
9. Have you given this presentation yet, or do you plan to deliver it at any other conference prior to InfoSec World (please note, this is not a deal killer, and we just want to understand how you are going to update this session so it is unique for our audience)?
10. Desired session length (60 minutes, 75 minutes, or 90 minutes):
11. Could this be built out into a workshop? If so, please indicate length (4 hours, 1 day, or 2 days) and if it is a regular workshop or highly-technical "hands-on" workshop:
12. Technical level of session (low, medium, or high):
13. Is there anything else you would like us to know?
Subject Areas Planned to Date Include:
Cyberwar and Cybercrime
Cloud Security, including Virtualization
Mobile and Smart Device Threats, including Malware and Malicious Apps
Mobile and Smart Device Policy Issues and Tech (MDM)
Forensics and Fraud Detection
Big Data Security
Policies and Procedures
Governance, Risk and Compliance
Authentication and Access Control
Management and Strategy Issues
Web 2.0/3.0 Security
Attack and Defense Tools
Intrusion Detection and Prevention
Data Protection, including Cryptography and Encryption
Other (please specify, "Other topic x" in your subject line when submitting your session)
Join InfoSec World on Twitter
Join InfoSec World at LinkedIn
Interested in exhibiting or sponsoring?
Contact: Paul Moschella, Sponsorship & Exhibit Sales, 508-532-3652 or firstname.lastname@example.org