View all MIS Information Security Seminars.
MIS has developed a tailored certificate curriculum to help infosecurity professionals gain the vital skills, confidence, and credibility they need to succeed in specialized roles. The certificate program is built on a curriculum that has been carefully designed to provide the know-how you need to be a top performer in your department and a major contributor to your organization’s success.
NOTE: if you have taken seminars towards a Certificate that is no longer listed here, please contact MIS Customer Service at 508-879-7999, ext. 501 and we will work with you to ensure you complete your program.
BENEFITS of the MIS Internal Audit Certificate Program - you will receive:
• 15% off the total cost of all four seminars. Here’s how it works: you pay the regular, undiscounted fee for the first three courses you attend. 15% of the four-course total will be deducted from the fourth seminar. Or, you can select and pay in advance for all four seminars and receive your discount at the time of payment.
• A 10% discount on all instructor-led seminars (not including in-house or online courses, or webinars) for two years.
• A 10% discount on MIS Training Institute conferences for two years after you complete your certificate program.
• A framed certificate indicating that you completed the program.
You must complete all four courses in each certificate program within 30 months of the date of your first seminar. You are eligible to receive credit toward a certificate for any relevant seminar you have attended within the past two years. Please call 508-879-7999 to verify your course record.
Information Security Certificate
The Information Security Certificate is a four-course program designed for information security practitioners, managers, consultants, and other professionals charged with protecting the organization’s information assets. Upon completion of this practical curriculum you will have the skills necessary to reduce risks to your valuable and sensitive information.
Required Seminars (also can count toward elective credit):
• Information Security Boot Camp
• Network Security Essentials
PLUS three of the following electives:
• Applying the NIST Risk Management Framework to Federal Information Systems
• Mobile Security Boot Camp
• Audit and Security of Networks, Operating Systems, and Databases
• Securing and Auditing Virtualized Environments
• Audit and Security for Cloud-Based Services
• Securing and Auditing Windows Active Directory Domains
• Auditing Database Management Systems
• Big Data Security