MIS Training Institute, headquartered in Southborough, MA, is looking for a highly-motivated and organized Conference Coordinator. This team member must excel at multi-tasking in order to support a number of functions that contribute to MIS’ rapidly-growing conference business. He/she will work with members of the conference team with a focus on marketing, vendor relationship management and speaker management.
The Conference Coordinator will support marketing by updating and maintaining the event websites, helping to collect deliverables from our marketing partners, and assisting with our social media strategy. He/she will also manage the speaker logistics for several conferences. Duties include setting deliverables timelines and ensuring speakers adhere to them, overseeing the review process for presentations, creating event proceedings, coordinating onsite materials, preparing presentations for the website and posting them, tracking and helping to manage speaker expenses against budget, and compiling attendee survey data post-event. The Conference Coordinator will work closely with conference sponsors as well and act as their logistical point of contact leading up to the events and onsite.
• A minimum of 1-2 years of experience working on live events or in an events-related field
• Ability to manage multiple tasks at once, while still meeting tight deadlines
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong proofreading and editing skills
• Results-oriented mentality and a strong desire for rapid advancement
• Ability to communicate effectively with manager and other team members
• Desire to “go the extra mile” during crunch time leading up to conferences
• Willingness to travel and actively participate when onsite
• Experience in the technology space or a strong interest in learning about the industry
• Familiarity with PowerPoint, Excel and working in sales and/or marketing databases a plus
• Bachelor’s degree
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Lindsay Jeanloz, firstname.lastname@example.org.
As the international leader in audit and information security training since 1978, MIS Training Institute offers exciting opportunities for skilled professionals seeking challenging work in a stimulating environment. (If you are interested in becoming an MIS instructor, please go to Call for Instructors.)
MIS also offers highly competitive compensation and benefits, including health and dental insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, 401K, tuition reimbursement, and a Cafeteria Reimbursement/Section 125 plan.