Director of Content Development, Conferences and Seminars
MIS Training Institute is a leading international training and live event provider in the audit, IT audit and information security industries with headquarters in Southborough, MA. MISTI and the InfoSec World brand has an exciting opportunity for a highly-motivated, results-oriented professional with experience or familiarity researching topics, recruiting speakers and developing event content. The Content Development Manager will be responsible for producing and managing the speaker lineup and program for 4-6 conferences per year, primarily in the information security space, and managing our seminar curriculum.
Producing MISTI conferences includes doing research on topics, keeping up with new trends in the industry, setting content direction and recruiting top speakers, as well as reviewing and editing session content to ensure that the learning objectives originally mapped out for sessions and the overall program are met. The Director of Content Development will also manage expert relationships, logistics and budget throughout the event lifecycle.
Our ideal candidate has 5+ years of relevant experience in a position with a focus on content development, journalism or research and must have strong writing, editing and communication skills. The Director of Content Development must have a proven track record of working efficiently to meet tight production deadlines and the ability to balance content production for multiple conferences at once, as well as the seminar curriculum. This team member will travel to all of the conferences he/she produces to ensure that their sessions are properly delivered and to evaluate speaker performance, as well as to other events within the group as needed and as their schedule allows.
• 5+ years of relevant experience producing content for events or in a writing- or research-based position
• Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, while still meeting tight deadlines
• Strong writing, proofreading and editing ability
• Exceptional communication and relationship management skills
• Very strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Experience successfully managing a large number of experts, writers, speakers or freelancers for one event or project
• Proven track record of producing highly-rated speaker lineups/programs or compelling written content for a large readership or member base
• Results-oriented mentality and strong desire for advancement
• Willingness to “go the extra mile” during crunch time leading up to conferences
• Willingness to travel and actively participate onsite
• Experience in the information security or technology space a plus
• Bachelor’s degree
MIS offers competitive salaries plus benefits. If interested, please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Karen Fairbanks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As the international leader in audit and information security training since 1978, MIS Training Institute offers exciting opportunities for skilled professionals seeking challenging work in a stimulating environment. (If you are interested in becoming an MIS instructor, please go to Call for Instructors.)
MIS also offers highly competitive compensation and benefits, including health and dental insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, 401K, tuition reimbursement, and a Cafeteria Reimbursement/Section 125 plan.