As the international leader in audit and information security training since 1978, MIS Training Institute (MISTI) offers exciting opportunities for skilled professionals seeking challenging work in a stimulating environment. (If you are interested in becoming a MISTI instructor, please go to Call for Speakers.)
MISTI also offers highly competitive compensation and benefits, including health and dental insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, 401K, tuition reimbursement and a Cafeteria Reimbursement/Section 125 plan.
Events Content Producer
MIS Training Institute is a leading international training and live event provider in the audit, IT audit and information security industries with headquarters in Southborough, MA. In addition to seminars, MISTI produces a number of conferences and executive programs focused on the wide-ranging needs of internal and IT auditors.
MISTI is seeking an events producer to deliver dynamic and informative programming for its audit conferences. This is a research-based, content development position responsible for producing programs and securing speakers across MISTI's growing audit conference and executive events portfolio.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Translate market needs and trends into viable conference content including keynote speakers, track themes, workshops, summits etc.
- Oversee the curriculum development, identify, select and manage speakers; Develop and coordinate conference sessions/tracks to ensure content is aligned with market needs and objectives
- Ability to draft copy for website and delegate materials to clearly articulate the conference program's value proposition and key learning objectives
- Work collaboratively with internal MISTI stakeholders (marketing, operations, sales) to ensure event content addresses customer needs and that program deadlines are met
- Encourage and motivate speakers to generate pre-show content to engage audiences as well as partner with MISTI's editorial content team to identify engagement opportunities
- Adhere to assigned conference speaker management budgets
- Maintain superior knowledge of internal audit, IT audit, risk management and compliance trends and needs through the media and other secondary sources
- Review post-conference feedback and respond to speakers as needed
- Other responsibilities and duties, as assigned
- A minimum of 2-year experience in conference content production; Knowledge of internal audit, IT audit, risk management, or compliance markets a plus
- Professional experience preparing (e.g. writing, proofreading, and editing) customer-facing materials
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to deliver results while meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to build relationships and develop rapport with internal audit, IT audit, compliance, risk management, and information security subject matter experts
- Excellent oral communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as the ability to communicate and liaise with a wider team
- Ability to travel periodically (10 – 20%) throughout the year to support onsite conferences
MISTI is an international training company based in Southborough, MA offering competitive salaries plus benefits. If interested, please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Karen Fairbanks at firstname.lastname@example.org.